Close-Up: Kate Reeves
Meet Kate Reeves: Murray State Alum, dog mom to the bestest girl Layla, fashionista and lover of everything Murray, KY!
1. How long have you lived in Murray?
I moved to Murray from Mayfield, KY in 1973. I have lived away from Murray twice in my adult life in Natchez, MS for one year then Branson, MO for seven and a half years. I moved back to Murray again in 1996. The two times I lived away, I was terribly homesick for Murray family and friends.
2. What is your favorite restaurant in Murray?
3. If you had $75 to spend in Murray, how would you spend it?
If I had $75, I would spend it at The Cask and I would buy Maker's Mark Bourbon and an 18-pack of Michelob Ultra.
4. What is your favorite Murray memory?
My favorite memory is recent! It is my daughter's wedding at the Murray Country Club. It was a room "filled with love." We had family and friends all gathered on that cold December 27, 2017 which was also the date of my parent's anniversary along with me and my husband's anniversary. It is a memory and a feeling I sometimes think about it, because it was such a happy and fun morning.
5. Describe Murray in 3 words to someone who has never visited.
Home, Eclectic and Clean.