Associate Director of Technology Support Systems at Murray State University, Garrett Wheatley, is a local with a fierce love for our friendliest small town. We welcome him as our latest close-up, answering our hard-hitting interview questions!
1. How long have you lived in Murray?
I have lived in Murray for 17 years.
2. What is your favorite restaurant in Murray?
My favorite sit-down restaurant in Murray is Sirloin Stockade - they have excellent food and service! But for a quick bite to eat, my go-to is Cook Out.
3. If you had $75 to spend in Murray, how would you spend it?
I would take the family out for some fun - bowl a couple of games at Corvette Lanes, see a movie at Cheri, and (of course) finish it off with with ice cream at Dairy Queen.
4. What is your favorite Murray memory?
I always enjoyed the Friday night Freedom Fest activities downtown, and specifically getting to be a judge in the BBQ contest. It was a great event to spend time with the community.
5. Describe Murray in three words to someone who has never visited.